If you follow my account on Instagram, you know that ginger has permanently entered my menu in the form of ginger shots. Earlier, I’ve been drinking hot water with ginger and lemon for breakfast, but when my M. gave me a slow juicer, I fell in love with ginger shots! I prepare them once a week and can enjoy them for 7-10 days. However, before I give you a recipe, read about why ginger is an inseparable part of my menu.
Ginger is a spice of immense power that has been used in Asia for over 2,000 years. The healing properties of ginger have been scientifically confirmed.
Here are the reasons why you should make friends with ginger:
- Warms up, is rich in antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and analgesic – fights inflammation in the body, reduces and prevents the occurrence of migraine, relieves (in most cases eliminates!) Menstrual pain, helps in coughing, flu, and colds.
- It improves well-being, supports liver function and helps to cleanse toxins.
- Improves metabolism, digestive processes and facilitates fat burning – helps digestion helps people suffering from digestive disorders stimulates the secretion of saliva and gastric juice, heals flatulence, fights parasites in the intestines.
- It works as a diuretic, which helps cleanse the kidneys – if you have a problem with edema necessarily reach for this spice! The problem will disappear, you can be sure.
- Provides vitamins and micronutrients.
- It acts as an antiemetic and relieves nausea – especially recommended for pregnant women, works well in the case of motion sickness or indigestion, counteracts vomiting after anesthesia and chemotherapy.
- It helps lower blood sugar – if you have insulin resistance or diabetes, ginger is your natural friend in the fight against these nasties.
- Prevents cardiovascular problems – improving blood circulation, preventing the formation of blood clots, recommended for people with elevated cholesterol.
Hot water with ginger and lemon
Cut or grate about 3cm of fresh ginger root, pour over boiling water (about 100ml) and leave overnight.
This brew has a quite specific taste, so it took me some time to get used to it. If you do not like the taste of lemon, you can add a little honey to sweeten the drink.
Around 30 min before breakfast, fill the glass with another 100ml of boiling water and add juice from 1/2 lemon. Mix, drink and enjoy.
Cut up 5-6 cm ginger, green apple, orange
Drink a shot of this juice daily for breakfast.
Try these delicious and simple vegan waffles for your next lazy Sunday breakfast.
A few weeks ago I baked a batch of these biscuits and took them along to a volleyball tournament for my team to enjoy between matches. They were a hit and so I’ve decided to share this all-time favourite recipe with you that my Brazilian friend, Marry shared with me.